Raw Feeding On A Budget
Everyone wants to save on their weekly expenses. Feeding a Raw & Fresh diet shouldn't break the bank. We want every dog or cat to enjoy our healthy pet meals and save money in the process.
If you want to feed the most affordable meal plan, have a lot of mouths to feed, or have big dogs, this guide will help you.
Here are a few handy tips to help keep feeding your pets affordable and offer good value for your dollar.
1. Buy Raw Food In Bulk
We have developed a bulk pet food range which reduces the cost of buying pre-packaged raw foods. Our bulk packs come in 2.5kg vacuum-sealed packs. After receiving your delivery, you can then split the food into portions and freeze for ongoing storage and use.
We suggest you portion your food as soon as you receive it. We deliver fresh, not frozen, so this should be easy.
We don't use preservatives, so leaving it out for too long can cause it to spoil. You shouldn't freeze bulk packs as-is, since it becomes hard to thaw them from solid. Best to have containers or portion bags ready to fill when you receive your order.
A kitchen scale will also be handy to make sure the portions are the right daily feeding weights for your pets. We have a handy raw feeding guide if you're not sure how much to feed. The guide is for dogs, but the daily amounts are the same for cats based on weight.
Thaw the portions in the fridge when ready to feed, or you can use a bowl of warm water to speed up the process. Just make sure you feed the same day once thawed. It's fresh for a reason, it's best if you keep it that way.
2. Start A Subscription
By choosing our subscription option, you get a 5% discount ongoing for all recurring products. Some benefits of our subscriptions are:
- Change the products anytime before the upcoming charge is placed. You receive an email three days out from your charge, so you always have time to edit the subscription before you get charged. Our friendly customer service team is always there to help.
- Never forget to order. Once you start a subscription, it's set and forget. As long as you've worked out how much you need and at what frequency, you get charged on the day you nominate and receive delivery the week after. Easy! You can change how often you get charged in the login portal.
- Skip weeks. You can skip 1, 2 or 3 weeks really easily if you have too much food one week and you know you won't need more. When you get your notification email about your upcoming charge, you can log in and choose to skip all of your items.
- Pause your subscription. You can cancel your subscription anytime to put it on pause indefinitely until you're sure you need more. You can reactivate the same products easily, or make changes before the next charge. Just make sure you reactivate the week before you need it!
3. Save On Shipping: Order More Food, Less Often
If you have the freezer space, you don't need to get delivery every week. If your order value is $100 or over, shipping is free. Simply space out your orders to make sure the value of each order gets you free shipping. This also applies to subscriptions, which makes it easier to remember if you order less frequently.
Thanks For Reading!
We hope this helped you out. Go ahead and browse our bulk pet food online, all available for home delivery and on subscription. Or check out our entire pet food range for treats, supplements, bones and more.